Saturday 4 June 2011

Can you help me change a fuse on my dodge charger?

I have 2007 base model dodge charger and the tail light fuses keep burning out, I have to go on a long car ride tonight and it%26#039;s not safe! I know where the fuse panel is (under the hood) but what fuse do I change?


The car dealership says I have past front end damage that%26#039;s causing the wires to blow fuses, they had to change fuses 2 times and it lasts for about a day|||I know my first suggestion won%26#039;t help with tonight%26#039;s drive, but it will save you a lot of hassle in the long run to get the electrical problem fixed entirely. Did you buy the car this way?





Anyway, I found your owner%26#039;s/service manual on the Dodge website. It looks like your blown fuse might be in cavity 19. It is a 10 amp red fuse. Pull this one out of the box, using tweezers or pliers if needed. If the metal link inside the fuse is separated, that means it%26#039;s blown. Put a new 10 amp red fuse in there, close the box properly, and you%26#039;re set to go.





If that fuse *isn%26#039;t* blown, you%26#039;ll have to check other ones till you find the one that is blown. Your manual says that cavity 29 also supplies power to your stop lights. It uses a 5 amp orange fuse.





By the way -- I didn%26#039;t see %26quot;tail lights%26quot; listed in the fuse chart. All I saw was %26quot;stop lights%26quot;, so that%26#039;s where I%26#039;m getting the information.|||it should be marked, tail lights, take a pair of needle nose pliers and pull it out and put another 1 in.|||Sort the problem first... damaged wiring could cause a fire!!!!|||fix the problem first. if you don%26#039;t the wires are just going to keep sorting out and the fuse is just going to keep blowing. but if you want to just change the fuse, look at the fuse box cover and it should say what each fuse is for, or else just look in your manual.