Saturday 4 June 2011

I HAVE A 2003 OLSMOBLE ALERO AND I WAS CHANGING A FUSE, I PULLED THE WRONG ON AND NOW MY SECURITY LIGHT IS ON?

I HAVE A 2003 OLSMOBLE ALERO AND I WAS CHANGING A FUSE, I PULLED THE WRONG ON AND NOW MY SECURITY LIGHT IS ON AND IT WILL NOT START......PLEASE HELP!!!!!!|||You can try the theft relearn but you may need to take it to a dealer so they can clear the codes and use a scan tool to program the BCM.





1 Turn the key on and try to start the car (it will not start)


2 leave the key in the on position and watch the security light after 10 minutes it will go off.


3 once the security light goes off turn the ignition off and wait 5 secs


4 Turn the key to the crank position this will learn the code but not start


5 turn the key off wait a few secs then try to start the car





Even if this does work you should still take it to a shop to check/clear any remaining codes.