Tuesday 20 September 2011

My fuse in my corsa for the window wipers keeps blowing?

after the snow and frost we had in england my window wiper fuse blew this morning as i turned it on...this eve i have changed the fuse 3 times and every time i put a new one in it just blows again and again running out of fuses and the window wipers are stuck up.... what can i do to stop this blowing im using the same fuse (30) as that was the fuse originally in it?
My fuse in my corsa for the window wipers keeps blowing?
The wipers will be drawing more and more amps if they are stuck and are trying to move until it exceeds the fuses capacity and blows it. Make sure you fully defrost them with de-icer or be patient with de-misting your windscreen before attempting to turn them on.
My fuse in my corsa for the window wipers keeps blowing?
make sure the wipers are not stuck to the windscreen with ice.

once they are clear, switch the wipers to park position and replace the fuse. switch on the ignition and it should be fine. if it is still blowing the fuse there is a problem in the system.

It could be a problem with the motor or the wiper mechanisms so best to get you local garage to diagnose it if you are not sure what you are doing
are the blades frozen on too the sreen or is their any sow or ice stiil on the screen jamming it up go make sure its all clear and that the blades can be lifted off of screen then try again
I'd suggest that the mechanism is frozen or seized. 30 amp seems a big fuse.
  • wrong to give bad advice
  • java
  •