Saturday 24 September 2011

Why is my AC blowing my fuses?

I have a circuit breaker, and my window unit keeps tripping the fuse. I have tun everything off in the house and I stills blows.



Can I change fuses in a breaker box?
Why is my AC blowing my fuses?
I'm guessing it's on a 15 amp circuit. The startup draw for many AC units is more then 15A. No, you cannot just change the breaker. Doing so makes the wire the weak link in the circuit, rather than the breaker. This leads to fires. What you need to do is have an electrician run a 20A dedicated circuit for you. If this doesn't help, look for a new AC that runs more efficiently. Hope this helps.
Why is my AC blowing my fuses?
you might can .the reason it's blowing fuses is it's pulling more amps than the fuses are rated for . could be a lot of different things causing this, such as freezing up cause the filter or coils are dirty and it's gettin too hot .could be the start capacitor .hard to tell without seeing worst case is compressor going bad.bout the only thing is to make sure the filter is clean , plus all ac's need to be cleaned at least once a year .hope this helps