Tuesday 20 September 2011

Why is my air conditioning fuse keep breaking in my car?

I have an 1990 Oldsmobile regency. And my air condition all of a sudden broke yesterday. I found out the fuse had blown, but when i change the fuse and start the car it keeps %26quot;popping%26quot; and breaking again.



Now first off, i am an IDIOT when it comes to cars? And I really don't know what to do or how to fix it. Unfortunately its hotter than a dickens now I just want some relief. Can some car smart person help? Thanks! ;)
Why is my air conditioning fuse keep breaking in my car?
There is a short circuit or overload in the system somewhere. It would be best to have it checked out by a competent service person before greater damage is done and greater expense created. Sometimes simple things can be the root of the problem. Also, in maintenance manuals , available at parts stores for about $15 , they have a troubleshooting section on a/c. Your library may have a copy most do.
Why is my air conditioning fuse keep breaking in my car?
It's always possible that the resettable circuit breaker you keep resetting is bad, but more likely there's an electrical short circuit maybe at your A/C compressor's clutch solenoid coil. Test that theory by disconnecting the electrical connector at the clutch (the thing that has the A/C belt threaded around it) and if the circuit breaker doesn't trip, you need a new clutch most likely. Obviously you do not want to put your hands down into a running engine, so always make sure the engine is off before attempting to disconnect the connector. You may have to have a shop technician help you unlock the connector pins to slide it off.
sounds like u have a electircal issue with a/c the fuse is a safty fpr the sytem it keeps popping to protect system
compressor relay or compressor ng...go to shop..repair is above ur pay grade