Saturday 24 September 2011

My car lighter will not work anymore, I have changed the red fuse but still nothing?

I need my car lighter to play my ipod [not to smoke] it is pretty important to me. Someone mentioned maybe I need to get my fuse box updated but my car is a 2002 chevy impala so I highly doubt that is the prob. I am a girl and have no idea about this so please help me!!!
My car lighter will not work anymore, I have changed the red fuse but still nothing?
you need a circuit tester to see if there is juice in the wire that goes to the lighter and if there's juice there the lighter itself is bad and will need replaced.
My car lighter will not work anymore, I have changed the red fuse but still nothing?
check your fuses, maybe you have 'popped' the fuse for the lighter.

If unsure take the car to a garage and ask nicely and im sure the mechanic will have a quick look for free.
Sounds like you have lost it at the fusebox! Take that fuse and plug it into another %26quot;circuit%26quot; (called substitution). if the other circuit doesn't work now, then the fuse is blown! Sometimes fuses %26quot;look good when you look through them, and still don't work! Do not %26quot;swap%26quot; fuses (without new ones available) , unless you can drive car without that accessory, as --if you have a short in circuit,--- it will blow that one too! And of course if you have a short, - you need to find out where it is and fix it! It is highly unlikely that both lighter sockets would fail at the same time (the socket tiself), -- but they are both probably hooked up on same circuit!



If you can't find problem, I might be able to %26quot;walk you through checking%26quot;, - it depends on how much you know about stuff,and what you are willing to try! I do this with my daughters,- and grand-daughter! Grandsons too!
Your 12v accessory plug has a power lead that snaps onto the back of it. It may have fallen off. Another possibility is that the ground is bad where it connects to the car frame. Take it to a repair shop to check whether you have any power getting to the receptacle and if the socket itself needs replacement.



Another thought.... many non-smokers put their loose change in the ashtray. Check to see if a dime may have fallen into the socket.
don't cha know nothing know how. Get a meter and see if you can trace it out. Get husband or a boyfriend to teach you. Worst deal you would have to find another 12v line and run that in its place.