Saturday 24 September 2011

My drier runs but no heat at all. I changed not only fuse but power breaker but same problem. Do I need a new?

Unplug it before you do anything to it. Check to see if any of the wires had their ends burned off. In my life, I have seen this happen twice to good brand dryers. Good news, it is usually and easy fix if that is the cause. Clean your exhaust duct out regularly to improve efficiency. Good luck.
My drier runs but no heat at all. I changed not only fuse but power breaker but same problem. Do I need a new?
Probably the heat coil
My drier runs but no heat at all. I changed not only fuse but power breaker but same problem. Do I need a new?
I changed a few of these but you will have to take the dryer apart the top should pop up with a screw driver take screws out of front panel on sides On the back of dryer is a cover plate where shaft on drum comes thru then take belt off drum that will expose the coil when you put the new coil in you will have to streach it out to fit the old coil usely burnt up if not use it to measure it out reverse every thing good luck. oh yeah check guides on drum before you put it back together they may be worn.
If the lint filter is full of lint, or the flexible vent hose is stopped up, or anything else blocking the flow of air from the dryer it will not heat. Check these first. Then maybe a thermostat.
before you buy a coil look at the heat unit it has a high and low limit switch ill bet the high limit switch is bad to test it unplug the 2 wires on it and tape the 2 metal ends together if it heats replace the switch
Unplug the dryer and inspect for damage and replace and broken of missing parts. If it could be dangerous for you or you don't know what you are doing you can call a repair man or buy a new dryer. I would rather just buy a new one cause you know it will be reliable and not break down.