Saturday 24 September 2011

Why do I keep blowing a fuse on my undercar neons?

I have a 20a connected but it keeps blowing. Should I go up or down or change the entire fuse holder? Or is it a different reason?
Why do I keep blowing a fuse on my undercar neons?
^^ It isn't a shortage. It's a short... which stands for short circuit. Which is the most likely problem if it isn't excess load on that particular circuit. The bare wire/solder would definitely cause the short circuit. Basically shunting the current to the body/frame. If you have it on a circuit with other things inside the car like radio or cig. lighter then I would say don't increase the fuse rating. That risks burning through the insulation on the wire that was only intended for a certain amperage and causing you even more electrical problems. A better solution would be finding out how many amps you need and run a wire from the battery with an inline fuse holder with the proper rated fuse for the lights
Why do I keep blowing a fuse on my undercar neons?
You can have a short or you may be overloading your fuses, check the power requirement on the lights and then check your owners maual to see what it says about electrical accessories.
Wiring problem your wires are grounding out somewhere. Check the wires over real good to make sure there are no bare wires anywhere.
You should probably check the amperage of your neons, then get a fuse that has that exact amperage. That way it is perfect.
you have a shortage or to many light bulbs on one circuit pulling to many amps
Just take them off and then you will not blow fuse and you will not look like a idiot with them.