Tuesday 20 September 2011

Have a Panasonic head unit in my car, where is fuse located?

Panasonic head unit won't power on, for the past few days it wouldn't turn on and I figured I'd check the fuse first, but I don't know where it is. I took the face place off but I figure it's behind the whole unit? How do I get it out to change the fuse?



P.S. I'm a 17 year old girl and I'd rather do it myself then taking it to audio express, etc.
Have a Panasonic head unit in my car, where is fuse located?
What model Panasonic? What kind of car? Did you install the HU yourself? Did you recheck all the wires?



Edit and/or answer and we can help you more.
Have a Panasonic head unit in my car, where is fuse located?
I dont know
The head unit will need to come out. you need special 'keys' to do so. They come with the head unit new or can be purchased seperatly from somewhere like halfords. when you slide the head unit out, the fuse is plugged into the rear of the unit. Hope this helps :)
Usually there are two latches on either side of the unit. You'll need something thin and perhaps slightly slanted to pull it out.