Friday 7 October 2011

Gauge lights and gear shifter lights have gone out. is it the fuse? or the bulb?

the lights for my gauges(fuel, speed) etc and the gear shifter lights (illuminating the letters) have gone out in my 94 geo prism. That happened yesterday. today my blinker lights stopped working so i checked the fuse and after changing the blinker fuse they worked again. I checked the fuse labeled gauge and it was fine. not sure whats wrong with these lights. is it a fuse i didnt look at or would the lights go out simultaneously on both the gauges and gears?
Gauge lights and gear shifter lights have gone out. is it the fuse? or the bulb?
The dash board lights are normally the first to go. This is a similar problem in last Sunday's Chicago Tribune Rides section with reader questions.
Gauge lights and gear shifter lights have gone out. is it the fuse? or the bulb?
When several items in a system go out, it's more than likely a short or a fuse. If you've checked the fuses then you may want to check the wiring. Something may of come loose or the bulbs may of all burned out simultaneously, I doubt it, but it can happen. Considering you recently had your blinkers go out because of a fuse, it sounds like you might of shorted something.
I would suspect you have a short or a ground problem if that fuse is ok. Try changing it just in case; I've had them look ok but not work.