Wednesday 26 October 2011

I think a fuse has gone in my car...?

The radio was working fine until i tried to change a fuse as the lights on the speedo dont work, i couldnt get the lights on but when i started the engine the radio wont come on, the backlight of it comes on but there is no sound and no words on the display, what have I done?

do you know which fuse i need to change or a site which has a diagram for the fuse Box as it doesn't say which 1 is for the radio.

Any help will be much appreciated, however small.

thank you.
I think a fuse has gone in my car...?
If the back light comes on then there is a chance that your radio is coded and by removing its fuse , you have locked it , anti theft thingy , normally the screen will ask for a code ,
I think a fuse has gone in my car...?
I don't think its a fuse that has blown. I think you need to find the programme code, and re-set it
Yes, it sounds as if a fuse has blown. There should be a diagram inside the fusebox or in your owner's manual. All cars have a different layout. You could try looking online for a fusebox diagram for your car. You didn't say what type of car it is so I wasn't able to search for one. Alternatively you could try the manufacturer's website or a local dealership for your brand of car.