Friday 7 October 2011

Is it appropriate for an electrician to ask a customer out on a date?

Suppose a 30-year old single electrician does work for a customer (like changing a fuse box to a circuit breaker panel), and they have a single daughter living with them (early to mid 20's). Would it be OK for the electrician to ask their daughter out on a date after he finishes the work?
Is it appropriate for an electrician to ask a customer out on a date?
Depends on the situation...



If you see her walking in the hall on her cell phone and she never talks to you and you interrupt her to ask her out... Very creepy.



If it's obvious she's interested in you and she makes efforts to approach you and you talk about stuff other than repairs, then tell her you're going out for coffee or a sandwich for lunch and if she's bored, she's welcome to come.



So long as you're genuine and think with your head and not your d*ck, couldn't hurt.
Is it appropriate for an electrician to ask a customer out on a date?
NOT at the house.



Just a little unethical (business wise) and creepy (on a personal note) if you do it at the house.



If you see her out at the convenience store or the gas station, etc. Then there would be OK.



At the house your just looking like a creepy electrician. Elsewhere your that electrician that did work at my mom's house.
NNNNOOOO. But if you do not you will never know. What if you would end up with a family and kids from a single gesture. If you dont you would never know.
Creepy. I wouldn't count on any referrals or anyone feeling comfortable havingn you in their hose to do the work.



Probably more so if the daughter actually goes out with you.
Depends on what you're getting from her in any conversations.

I've only dated one sister of a customer in all my years of refurbishing. But the signals she was emitting and the talks we had were undeniably for us getting together.
Would it be OK for the electrician to ask their daughter out on a date after he finishes the work? NO!

I'm an married electrician. I go into people's houses as well. I have worked with this company for over 15 years. I have had my share of women flirt with me. That's all. Flirt. By %26quot;coming on%26quot; to a customer, I risk my marriage, family, my reputation as a %26quot;trust-worthy%26quot; service man, as well as the companies reputation. Granted, EVERY time I go into someone's house, I risk them crying %26quot;Wolf%26quot;. (rape)

If you're dead set about asking your customer's daughter out on a date, then you've already made up your mind, and nothing will change that. Since you are asking, that tells me that you haven't made up your mind and that there is a conflict of interests, and the morals that you were brought up with is in play.

Answer these questions:

Has she presented an interest in you, or is it just %26quot;hopeful%26quot; thinking?

Would I improving my life by asking?

By asking her out, do I put her in a uncomfortable space?

Whatever you decide, remember this, YOU made the decision. Not her.

Good luck in all you do and may God bless.
depends on the situation,my current girlfriend was asked out by her sisters electrician. i think its wrong, but you cant blame a guy for trying. definitely no referrals for your guy
  • columnheader
  • drivers for wow
  •