Thursday 15 September 2011

Is it easy to change a fuse and a fuse-box switch yourself?

I have a blown fuse and a weak switch and my landlord promised he'd fix it by last Sunday and has yet to come by my apartment. I've been without power in one living room light, my patio light, and 2 outlets for almost 2 weeks now and it's really bumming me out.
Is it easy to change a fuse and a fuse-box switch yourself?
I wouldn't attempt to try and fix it on your own, because if something should go wrong due to your negligence, he'll hold you responsible. I would ask him again because it could be something of a fire hazard that can cause somebody getting hurt from God forbid a fire. I would report it to your town officials and don't pay the rent until the necessary repairs are done. This is his obligation to take care of this problem.
Is it easy to change a fuse and a fuse-box switch yourself?
If you have a landlord, it is his responsibility to make any repairs. Just keep calling until someone comes out to fix it.