Thursday 15 September 2011

2001 Dodge Stratus blowing the start/fuel pump fuse what should I be looking for?

I had this problem about a month ago and I changed the fuse and it ran just fine until this morning. Now as soon as I replace the fuse and try to start it the thing blows. Where should I look for the problem so I can fix it?
2001 Dodge Stratus blowing the start/fuel pump fuse what should I be looking for?
The most likely problem is a bad starter. The windings in the starter are starting to short to ground and causing your problem. It is a common problem on these vehicles and I am guessing you have about 85,000 - 100,000 miles on the vehicle. That is about the average mileage for this problem to show up. You replace the fuse, all works well for a month or so, the fuse blows again, then works for a week, replace the fuse and the engine won't even crank. Just replace the starter and fuse and you should be all set.
2001 Dodge Stratus blowing the start/fuel pump fuse what should I be looking for?
you might want to check the relay for the fuel pump on it,this may be going bad, if it was a starter it would do it all the time,the relay will act up on occasions and may now be bad,also check to make sure the pump is good if it draws too much power it will pop the fuse every time,good luck.